The Pedagogic Research in Mathematics and Physical Sciences Group (PRiSM) provides an evidence-based approach to enhancing student education through pedagogic research in Mathematics, Engineering and Physical Sciences, thereby providing an exceptional student experience underpinned by both disciplinary and pedagogic research.
Key Research Themes
- How can we design the curriculum to enhance employability?
- How can we fully engage all students with their learning?
- What is the role of peer and self-assessment in students learning?
- How can we use technology to enhance learning, and how do we evaluate its effectiveness?
- Raise the profile of pedagogic research, practice and teaching;
- Provide a network for sharing pedagogic research and knowledge;
- Provide support for colleagues with an interest in teaching and scholarship.
- Dr Samantha Pugh has been awarded a National Teaching Fellowship in a recent announcement from the Higher Education Academy.
- Tina Overton gave a masterclass on Problem Solving on 18th May 2017.
More News & Events >